Friday, June 28, 2013

What's On @ the Movies 2013 - Man of Steel


Comic book fans unite there is another Hollywood blockbuster here for you to enjoy, or will you enjoy it? I found myself remembering what I had heard prior to sitting in on the opening night of this film.

So is this any good? Yes and no, it starts off OK but it's length is crazy long for one of these films. It's well over 2 hours and the last 30 minutes or so is just destruction, destruction and more destruction. At the Movies on the ABC thought this was similar to 9/11 and I had to agree, people running from falling buildings in a large city, kinda creepy.

Anyway Henry Cavill is a good looking man but I think with all the competition for the best Super Hero film you need more than a handsome buff man flying around the screen. Amy Adams is also wasted in this mega pic as Lois Lane.

Russell Crowe, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane & Laurence Fishburne also make up the large cast.

I enjoyed the film for the most part but it was very run of the mill by the end which was a shame. I think I have always been more of a Batman kid anyway, so Superman rates a pass mark of 2.5 (it would have been more if it weren't for the pro America speech tapped on near the end of the film) Super Stars.


Enjoy the weekend....

No comments: